Friday, December 12, 2008

"Tampa Bay tried to hurt me"-Peterson

Minnesota Vikings star tailback Adrian Peterson claimed that when they(Viking) played the Tampa Bay Buccaneers back on November 16th, that the Buccaneer players were intentionally trying to hurt him.

"I was being stood up by three or four defenders, and the guy just came out of nowhere and intentionally went for my leg," Peterson said. "I felt it, and I watched it over and over again.

"He intentionally went for my leg and tried to take me out. It was by the grace of God that my foot wasn't stuck in the grass and was able to give. I looked at that play and really started thinking that, 'Hey, whether you believe it or not, guys are out there trying to take you out. So you got to be smarter and protect yourself.' "

Peterson would not name the player(s) who he thought were trying to "hurt" him, but mentioned that their numbers were in the 50's. All six linebackers have numbers in the 50's, none of them were avalible to comment.

"Some guys are really out there to hurt you," the second-year player said. "I found that out in that game.

"It was a play where I was being held up and the whistle was blown. I wasn't going anywhere and I just kept fighting for yards, and a guy that wasn't in the play just came in and dove straight for my knee and tried to take me out. It is really about being smart. I have learned a lot and took heed of that."

No comments: