Friday, July 31, 2009

Ortiz is on "The List"

Boston Redsox slugger, David Ortiz, spoke Thursday about being one of the 104 players that tested positive for a performance-enhancing drug in 2003 during Major League Baseball's survey testing season.

Ortiz found out before the Redsox game Thursday that his name was on the list and in a post-game interview he stated that he was "shocked" and that he would find out what he tested positive for.

"One, I have already contacted the Players Association to confirm if this report is true. I have just been told that the report is true," Ortiz said. "Based on the way I have lived my life, I am surprised to learn I tested positive. Two, I will find out what I tested positive for. And, three, based on whatever I learn, I will share this information with my club and the public. You know me -- I will not hide and I will not make excuses."

Ortiz now joins Manny Ramirez on the list, both of which played key roles in the Boston Redsox 2004 championship run.

No comments: